To Families of Guppy’s Early Learning Centres
Further to the QLD Government-issued Health Alert and instructed lockdown of parts of Queensland (local government areas of Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan City, Moreton Bay, Redlands, Sunshine Coast, Noosa, Somerset, Lockyer Valley, Scenic Rim, Gold Coast, Townsville, Magnetic Island and Palm Island) key information as it relates to Guppy’s Early Learning Centres;
- All Guppy’s Early Learning Centres (whether in the affected lockdown areas or not) will open as normal on Tuesday 29th June 2021 – Friday 2nd July 2021. Childcare centres are deemed an essential business and families are permitted to drop and pick up your child from a kindergarten or day-care. Vacation Care may also be offered.
- In regard to our centres subject to the 3-day lockdown:
- All Staff are required to wear a mask whilst working within the centres.
- All Children attending our centres are exempt from wearing masks.
- Childcare workers may temporarily remove masks for eating and drinking and when necessary while communicating with children.
- All parents dropping off and picking up children at centres are required to wear a mask when picking up or dropping off children.
- Bus services for centres within the affected lockdown South East Queensland and Townsville area will be suspended for the full lockdown period: Tuesday 29th June 2021 – Friday 2nd July 2021.
- All centres will continue their “Cleaning And Screening” procedures (ie: cleaning high-use areas and test temperatures of visiting parents.
- We will keep all families and staff updated as key information comes to hand and if you have any questions or concerns, please refer them to your Centre Director.
For more information relating to the Greater Brisbane lockdown, please refer to the QLD Health Website link below:
Guppy’s Early Learning Centres